Equality and human rights
Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust recognises the importance of ensuring its services are fair and equitable to all. At LPFT the diversity of our staff, service users, partners and any visitors to our services is celebrated.
We expect everyone who visits any of our sites, comes into contact with any of our services or works for LPFT, to be able to participate fully and achieve their full potential in a safe and supportive environment.
We welcome all service users and members of staff inclusive of race, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, age, religion or belief.
We recognise the value of equality as a service provider and an employer and will make every effort to eliminate discrimination and reduce inequality.
To succeed we need to work closely with service users, carers, staff and partners to deliver better health and social care services for all.
Making equality the golden thread
We aim to develop and ensure that equality is mainstreamed into everything we do.
We value equality and human rights (EHR) and have set out our approach in our policies and practices with the aim of ensuring respect for all
We will endeavour to:
- develop and implement a holistic approach to EHR that meets the needs of our diverse communities.
- involve patients, the public, other stakeholders and partners in the planning and delivery of health services.
- deliver services which are appropriate to the needs of the community.
- continue to develop a skilled, capable and representative workforce which reflects and able to deliver an effective service to the communities we serve.
- eliminate any adverse risks and impact identified in our service provision, policies and decision making processes to the people we serve.
- work in partnership with other public and voluntary sector organisations to further improve the services we provide to our diverse communities.
To see how we do this please see our Equality strategy page.