Thinking about work?
Our Wellbeing Through Work team are trained to offer encouragement and practical support to help you find suitable paid work, apply for a job and stay employed.
We do this by working with you right from the start of the whole process and supporting you all the way, including helping you to:
- Decide on the job that’s right for you
- Find a suitable job
- Fill in forms and apply for jobs
- Use computers to assist you
- Prepare for and do well at interviews
- Settle into your job
- Get the right benefits
Once you’ve got a job, we can support both you and your employer to tackle any problems, if that is what you want.
Who we can help
We are here to help anyone receiving secondary mental health services, who would like to get a job and be in paid work.
Just ask your care coordinator to refer you to us.
What the ‘right’ work gives you
- It can help you develop new social networks and contacts
- Helps you to build an identity for yourself
- Boosts your self-esteem
- Gives you a structure to your day and purpose
- Helps you to develop new skills
- Helps you to earn money for yourself
- Can help you improve both your physical and mental activity
Everyone has the right to work, to free choice of employment, to just and favourable conditions of work and to protection against unemployment.
Article 23 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.