Follow us

Home | Our services | Adult services | Community mental health service

Community mental health service

Print or save PDF

Our community mental health teams provide recovery-based interventions and support people to live with a mental health condition.  You may be referred to this service if you have, or may have a severe or long-term mental illness.

We offer you support in your own home and the community and our teams are staffed with:

  • administrative support staff
  • community psychiatric nurses (CPNs)
  • occupational therapists
  • psychiatrists
  • psychologists
  • social workers
  • support workers

How it will help me

We offer time limited supporting using the Care Programme Approach (CPA) to help you to achieve planned goals that we will work with you to develop.

Discharge is an integral part of the recovery process and where appropriate we provide a Fast Track programme, to support your continued recovery.

All our teams work closely with other local mental health services such as the Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment teams, as well as the SHINE and Lincolnshire's Managed Care Networks of voluntary and community organisations.

We will also work closely with your referrer whilst you are involved with our services.

What the service offers

Each person's medical, social and personal recovery is supported by:

  • cognitive behavioural therapy-based clinical and family work, both individually and in therapy groups
  • risk assessment and management
  • medication initiation and management
  • physical health and wellbeing support
  • relapse prevention
  • wellness recovery action planning (WRAP)

Where required we can help you to access personal budgets, employment and education support, social activities and community integration and carer support and education.

Hours of operation

Our core hours are Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.

If you need support outside of these times, our staff do work flexibly within the community to meet individual needs.


To access the service you will need to be referred by your GP.

Groups currently run by Community Mental Health Teams

(for full details please contact individual teams)


  • Peer Support Group
  • Carers Group
  • Emotional First Aid (male and female)
  • Allotment Group


  • Service user: craft group (employment advisor join in the last hour)


  • Art Group
  • Recovery College
  • Tennis Group
  • Golf Group
  • Swimming Groups
  • Walking Groups
  • Ten-pin bowlin
  • Carers group


  • Peer Support Worker Group
  • Carer Group


  • Service User Group

We also have a dedicated lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT+) lead - Nicola Cooper and carers lead - Christine Coupar.

Our teams signed up for the Triangle of Care with the Carer’s Trust  further information on this can be accessed here. All community mental health teams will be signing up to the Accreditation for Community Mental Health Services (ACOMHS) and the Grantham and Lincoln South Teams are currently undertaking the accreditation process.