If you have autism or/and a mild learning disability and you struggle with communication, we're here to help.
Effective communication is so important as it makes sure that you never lose dignity and respect, and your wishes are understood.
How can we help?
- communication assessment
- supporting staff with training
- creating resources
- introducing alternative ways to communicate
- Give the person plenty of time to speak/respond.
- Use short and simple sentences
- Be aware of the environment that you are in; sensory differences may impact communication
- Be clear – avoid jargon, long words and idioms