It is natural for moods to fluctuate, and everyone will feel down at points, but when this continues for a prolonged period of time it can become a problem and begin to impact on different areas of your life. People often notice changes to the way that they think, physically feel and behave when they experience depression, and this causes a vicious cycle which people often feel stuck in.
Research shows that a CBT approach is the most effective way to help overcome problems with depression and this course will help you to learn new techniques each week to break the cycle.
During the course you will learn:
- About the CBT approach, what depression is, and common triggers
- The importance of routine regulation such as your eating and sleeping patterns and techniques to improve sleep
- How to improve your mood by making changes to your activity levels and changing unhelpful behaviours
- How to improve your mood by recognising and challenging unhelpful thinking
- How to effectively solve practical problems you may be experiencing
- How to plan for staying well in the future to maintain progress
Does this sound like something that may be helpful? Click here to self-refer.