Worry and anxiety are completely normal and it is natural for how much we worry to fluctuate. This is often based on what is happening in our lives and can help us to solve problems. However, when worry and anxiety begin to become excessive then it can start to impact on different areas of your life and can become overwhelming or consuming. People often feel like they can’t switch off their worries and this can cause tension, headaches and poor sleep and also impact on the things that they do or don’t do. This can leave people feeling stuck in a vicious cycle.
Research shows that a CBT approach is the most effective way to help overcome problems with excessive worry and this course will help you to learn new techniques each week to break the cycle.
During the course you will learn:
- About the CBT approach, what worry is, and the cycle of worry
- The different types of worry
- How to deal with these different types of worry
- How to change unhelpful behaviours which may be maintaining the cycle
- How to improve sleep
- How to plan for staying well in the future to maintain progress
Does this sound like something that may be helpful? Click here to self-refer.