Who are we?
CAMHS stands for Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services.
We help children and young people when they feel very upset, sad or worried.
Lots of people work in our service, all who have lots of experience working with young people who are feeling sad or worried.
At CAMHS, there are no white coats and it’s not scary….we just love helping children and young people to feel better.
Who we can help
CAMHS is for people aged up to 18, who need help with how they are thinking or feeling.
When CAMHS get involved people are feeling so bad it is stopping them from
- having fun
- making friends
- doing well at school
- doing things that make them happy
- We all have “good” and “bad” things happen. Sometimes, people spend too long thinking about the bad things and forget the good.
CAMHS can help by showing you how to keep things balanced.
What we help with
There are lots of different types of mental health problems.
At CAMHS we can help with things like:
- Low mood…feeling super sad
- Phobia…things that make you feel very afraid
- Obsessive thoughts…thinking or doing something over and over
- Trauma…being very frightened about something that has happened and thinking about it a lot
- Self harm…hurting yourself on purpose
- Difficulties with eating…controlling your eating too much or making yourself poorly after eating
- Managing feelings…helping you to control your feelings