Professionals Suicidal Ideations Training
Welcome to your training session
Please ensure every participant has completed their pre-training questionnaire before accessing the training. If not, please ask them to complete it now. The questionnaire page link can be found in the next section or alternatively you can download a paper copy to send to us.
Following the training you will be asked to complete a post-questionnaire after which you will receive your certificate of completion.
Young Minds Matter aim to support educational professionals to broaden their understanding of children and young people’s mental health and emotional wellbeing. We also aim to increase professionals’ confidence in maintaining positive mental health for children and young people in North East Lincolnshire.
We are passionate in early identification and early intervention of children and young people’s mental health and emotional wellbeing issues. We also want to support professionals in preventing deterioration of children and young people’s mental health.
The aims of this training
As professionals we may not easily recognise when someone is having suicidal ideations. This trainign course will highlight the possible triggers, warning signs and safety mechanisms.
The aims of this session are:
- To understand the term suicidal ideation
- To explore the experiences that may trigger suicidal ideation in our children and young people.
- To be able to recognise the warning signs a Child or Young Person may be experiencing suicidal ideation.
- To explore the factors that may increase the risk of a Child or Young Person deliberately ending their own lives.
- To learn about positive ways you can respond to a Chid or Young Person experiencing suicidal thoughts.
- Explore ideas of what the Child or Young Person can do to keep safe.
If you have any issues viewing your training course please do not hesitate to contact us:
Telephone: 01472 252570
For Your Information
The Pre-course Questionnaire allows you to assess the level of understanding you already have and allows us to address the needs of our users in future course releases. You will be asked to complete this on the next page before accessing the training material.