How can I get advice and make a referral?
Children and Young People Services Access Team
In Lincolnshire we provide a range of services to help children, young people and their families with their emotional wellbeing and mental health. To ensure that young people and their families get the right support at the right time, by the right team, all routine referrals are triaged and/or screened by practitioners in our Children and Young People Access Team.
Jump to section
- Getting advice via The Here4You Line
- Referring as an education professional
- Referring as a professional (excluding education)
- Information about our different emotional wellbeing and mental health services.
The Here4You line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for advice. However we are only able to take self referrals between 9am to 4.30pm. The Here4You line is accessed by calling 0800 234 6342.
The line accepts calls from any professional who wishes to seek advice regarding the emotional wellbeing or mental health of a child or young person they are working with.
Following the advice call you will be provided with a summary of the discussion and advice given. If the advice given includes to make a referral, we will provide you with a CYP Referral Form to complete and ask you to submit this along with the advice form generated.
We can accept referrals directly from professionals, without going through the Here4You Line, by completion of our CYP Referral form. However, please note that if this form does not contain all the information that we need to make a decision about whether we are the right service, we will not be able to process the referral. In this instance we may need to write back to yourself to gather further information.
We encourage education professionals to call our Here4You Line to discuss with our practitioners whether we are the right place to help. If, following discussion, we agree that a referral is the next step, we will send you a CYP Referral form for completion to be submiteed alongside the advice form.
Referrals submitted without calling the Here4You line need to be completed on an Early Help Assessment.
- Any urgent or crisis referrals are not screened by the Here4You Access team. If you need to refer somebody to our team urgently then you will need to refer directly to our CAMHS Crisis and Enhanced Treatment Team (CCETT):
- Telephone Single Point of Access (SPA) team 0303 123 4000.
This line is open 24 hours.
- The Here4You line also accepts referrals from children and young people (CYP) or parents and carers who feel their child may benefit from support. If you are working with a family and are considering calling us, please agree together, who is best placed to call us. More information on self referral is available here.
- If a practitioner from the Here4You Access Team cannot take your call, you will provided with the option to book or attend a triage appointment on a later date and time that is convenient for you.
Please be aware, LPFT CYP Services do not provide a specialist or diagnostic service for children and young people with a diagnosis, or suspected diagnosis, of Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Please visit our Autistim Spectrum Disorder (ASD) support page to learn more about local supports, services, and resources that you may wish to share with families you are working with.
- Please note that medication prescribing and/or monitoring would only be considered when part of an ongoing package of care provided by CYP services. Requests for medication reviews will only be accepted where the medication was originally prescribed by an LPFT professional.