Community Forensic and Transforming Care Forensic Teams
The Community Forensic and Transforming Care Forensic Teams support adults with a Mental Disorder, Learning Disabilities and/or Autim who have a forensic history. This means they have undergone legal or court proceedings for offending within the Criminal Justice system. The Teams also work with people at high risk of harming others by their own risk related behaviour.
These 2 teams work together and are made up of the following staff:
- Forensic Psychiatrists
- Forensic and Clinical Psychologists
- Forensic Community Psychiatric Nurses
- Forensic Social Workers
- Occupational Therapists
The Community Forensic and Transforming Care Forensic Teams provide specialist advice and training to all Trust teams and partner agencies. They support colleagues as and when requested.
The Service interlinks with our Inpatient Services.
The Community Forensic Team (CFT) provides the following services:
- Assessment, treatment and therapy for enduring mental disorders directly related to the offending and/or high-risk behaviours. This may include personality disorder, intellectual or developmental disability etc)
- On-going assessment, treatment and therapy to adults aged 18 or above or in transition to adult services.
- 6 months of community support to patients discharged from LPFT Inpatient Services
- Risk management and advice to partnership agencies and other teams.
Priority will be given to service users:
- Subject to Multi Agency Public Protection Arrangement (MAPPA)
- Discharged through a secure hospital pathway, particularly under Ministry of Justice restrictions
- Discharged on a Community Treatment Order
To access CFT services you are directed to speak to your GP, CPN or probation officer or practitioner who can advocate on your behalf.
CFT cannot accept any referrals for assessment/intervention where there is an active ongoing police investigation or criminal justice proceedings (unless this is to provide consultation to MAPPA).
The Transforming Care - Community Forensic Team sits within the Community Forensic Service. The Team work in partnership with LPFT Transforming Care and Liaison Service, Community Forensic Team and CCG/S75 Teams.
Transforming care is a national programme supporting with learning disabilities and/or autism, who display behaviour that challenges, including those with a mental health condition.
Referrals to the Transforming Care-Community Forensic Team are made in accordance with the service criteria. The Team support patients within the Transforming Care Cohort. Priority will be given to patients:
- Discharged from Hospital
- Close to discharge
- Patients in hospital
- Those at risk of being admitted to hospital
These teams undertake on-going assessment, treatment and therapy. They also provide risk management and advice to partnership agencies and other colleagues in the Trust.
Useful contactsCommunity Forensic and Transforming Care Forensic Team
Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Long Leys Road
Lincoln LN1 1FS
- Telephone: 0303 123 4000