Service user and carer engagement
We have a dedicated involvement lead committed to ensuring service users, members and carers are properly consulted and involved in how the Trust is run.
Through the involvement lead you can choose to become actively involved in a number of opportunities, such as:
- Focus groups
- Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE) inspections and working groups
- Staff recruitment selection processes
- General meetings and events of interest
Effective involvement is part of our every day business. It has a range of benefits for service users, their carers and families and our staff.
Good involvement allows us to:
- have a better understanding of the needs of the people we offer services to
- make better decisions because of the input received
- provide efficient more accessible services
- become a Trust member and/or join the Group of 1,000
- attend inspections of our service user areas
- sit on a staff interview panel
- join a focus group
- attend meetings
- contribute to the development of policies
- co-deliver staff training
- help to plan events
- canvass service user and carer opinions and experience.
There are many reasons why people want to get involved with service planning and Trust business, including:
- to improve the service user and carer experience
- to make a difference to services and their delivery
- to get your views heard
- to gain confidence and new skills
- to access training
Register your interest with the Engagement Team to receive notification of forthcoming events, training and meetings.