Every foundation trust has a Council of Governors whose main purpose is to represent the views and opinions of the organisation's members, as well as the public.
Governors stand for a term of up to three years and can stand for re election on two more occasions.
They are elected by members or appointed by our partner organisations including:
- Lincolnshire Integrated Care Board (ICB)
- Lincolnshire County Council
- University of Lincoln
- Lincolnshire Police
- Shine Lincolnshire
- Healthwatch Lincolnshire
- LPFT volunteers
Governors work with the Board of Directors (which is legally responsible for our day-to-day running and strategic development) and agree upon actions in order to to meet the needs of the community.
The Council of Governors link the Board of Directors to the membership and community.
The Chairman of the Council of Governors is also the Chairman of the Board of Directors.
Below you can watch a video from Amanda Whitehead explaining more about her role as a Governor.
What do governors do?
Governors have very important roles and undertake a range of functions through committees, task groups and workshops. They:
- represent the interests and views of local people and raise members' and the public's concerns.
- attend meetings (currently a minimum of three per year).
- are ambassadors for the Trust and can be involved in visits to Trust sites, meeting service users and staff.
- agree our future by providing views to the Board of Directors on what sort of organisation we will be and what sort of services we will provide.
- appoint or remove our Chairman and other non-executive directors and approve the appointment of our Chief Executive. How our governors were involved in recruitment of non-executive directors.
- scrutinise our performance to ensure that agreed plans are carried out properly.
- receive annual reports and accounts.
- appoint the Trust's external auditors.
We are aware that the documents on this page may not be accessible for all. We will be creating accessible versions of the documents as they are reviewed however in the meantime, if you need a document we’ve published in a different format, please email email@example.com or telephone 01522 309194.
- Annual Report and Accounts
- Governor and Membership Strategy
- Recruitment of Non-Execuitve Directors (NEDs) poster