Every foundation trust has a Council of Governors whose main purpose is to represent the views and opinions of the organisation's members and the public.
Governors stand for a term of up to three years and can stand for re-election on two more occasions. They are elected by members or appointed by our partner organisations including: local GP Clinical Commissioning Groups, Lincolnshire County Council, University of Lincoln, the SHINE network, Healthwatch Lincolnshire and our own LPFT volunteers .
- Click here to view the current Council of Governors
- For more information or to contact a Governor please use this link
Governors work with the Board of Directors (which is legally responsible for our day-to-day running and strategic development) and agree what needs to be done to meet the needs of the community.
The Council of Governors link the Board of Directors to the membership and community.
The Chairman of the Council of Governors is also the Chairman of the Board of Directors.
Governors have very important roles and undertake a range of functions through committees, task groups and workshops. They:
- represent the interests and views of local people and raise members' and the public's concerns
- attend meetings (currently a minimum of three per year)
- are ambassadors for the Trust and can be involved in visits to Trust sites, meeting service users and staff
- agree our future by providing views to the Board of Directors on what sort of organisation we will be and what sort of services we will provide
- appoint or remove our Chairman and other non-executive directors and approve the appointment of our Chief Executive. See a link on the right about how our governors were involved in recruitment of non-executive directors.
- scrutinise our performance to ensure that agreed plans are carried out properly
- receive annual reports and accounts
- appoint the Trust's external auditors
Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Lincoln LN1 1FS
Telephone: 01522 309202
- Annual Report and Accounts
- Governor and Membership Strategy
- Recruitment of Non-Execuitve Directors (NEDs) poster