What is ReSPECT?
ReSpect : Recommended Summary Plan for Emergency Care and Treatment:-
In the future if someone is unable to make or express choices a process is put in please that creates personalised recommendations for a person’s clinical care. It provides health and care professionals responding to that emergency with a summary of recommendations. This will help them to make immediate decisions about that person’s care and treatment.
ReSPECT can be complementary to a wider process of advance/anticipatory care planning. The plan is created through conversations between a person and their health professionals.
The plan is recorded on a form and includes:
- their personal priorities for care
- agreed clinical recommendations about care
- treatment that could help to achieve the outcome that they would want
- treatments that would not help or
- treatments that they would not want.
The video below may not be suitable for the hard of hearing