If you or a family member has dementia or mild cognitive impairment (MCI), we can help you get the support you need.
The Dementia Support Service
The service gives you access to a support worker who will provide guidance and advice throughout all stages of your dementia journey.
Support workers are based in the community, working from the different memory clinics across the county. The service accepts referrals from the public and professionals in health and social care (eg. GPs).
The service helps people to:
- live as well as possible with the condition, promoting wellbeing
- live in the local community for as long as possible
- understand the diagnosis process and what a diagnosis could mean for them
- prevent avoidable admission to long-term residential care or hospital
- build resilience and confidence regarding forthcoming stages of the dementia journey
- benefit from the range of carers support services to sustain the caring role
- navigate the social and health care system
- understand the importance of planning for the future and how they can plan for the future early in the dementia journey.
To make a referral, email email@example.com or call 0303 123 4000.