Who can make referrals?
Referrals must only be made with the mother's knowledge and consent, by a GP, obstetrician, health visitor or midwife.
Things to consider before making the referral
- Is the mother taking any medication in relation to her mental health? Please provide details.
- Is the mother open to other services, such as steps2change? If so a discussion with the professionals currently involved would be the first step.
- Would the mother benefit from an Early Help assessment?
- Is a referral to the crisis team approrpriate?
- Is the mother the primary carer for the child? If no, unfortunately the team are unable to support.
How can you make a referral?
You can access the service by:
- calling us and speaking to a team member to discuss concerns, ask for advice and make a referral. Call us on 01522 309540.
- emailing us via firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the next step?
The team meets on a weekly basis to discuss new referrals.
If appropriate, we will contact you directly.
Your referral may be signposted to a more appropriate serivce, but we will confirm any decisions in writing to you and the mother.