Published on: 6th December 2021
The Trust’s Individual Placement and Support (IPS) Employment Service have received the results of their external Fidelity review and have maintained their “Good Fidelity” status. The fidelity review was completed virtually over two days on 2 and 3 November by IPS Grow Lead Adele Marshall and Jan Hutchinson from the Centre for Mental Health. IPS fidelity reviews support quality improvement and increased job outcomes.
Despite the challenges presented by the pandemic, the team have continued to provide a service that makes a real difference to the lives of the people using it. They offer encouragement and practical support to help people find suitable paid work, apply for a job and stay employed. Find out more about the IPS Employment Service at www.lpft.nhs.uk/thinking-about-work
Reviewers were thoroughly impressed across a number of assessment criteria as revealed in the fully published report.
Good practice identified included:
- High level of support from senior executive
- Collaborative working with DWP colleagues
- A passionate staff team with good focus on client preferences and delivering a client led service
- Excellent integration with clinical colleagues
- Successful mobilisation during COVID-19 pandemic, despite the restrictions of virtual working
- Good performance against access and job outcome targets (despite COVID-19 pandemic)
- Supportive IPS leadership team which ensures good performance and positive staff morale
- High levels of client satisfaction
- Good focus on fidelity in practice
Feedback for the team has been hugely positive from those who directly use the service and much of this has been collated on the LPFT website at www.lpft.nhs.uk/thinking-about-work/client-stories-testimonials
This reaccreditation reflects what a great service the team provide, helping LPFT service users to reach their employment goals.